Test anxiety is a plague that is infesting itself in many college students as the semester draws to a close. You may be one of them. Test anxiety can make students perform poorly on their exams, lose sleep, affect their health, and other negative factors. Here are some effective ways you can reduce test anxiety according to eHow:
- Prepare and study long before your exam opens.
- Balance studying time over several days before your exam.
- Have a good night’s sleep and wake up on time.
- Think positively when walking into the testing center.
- Take short naps in between exams to prevent burnout.
- Take deep breaths when anxiety mounts.
- Avoid talking to people while studying as this can throw one off track.
- Be confident.
Eating healthy food also helps with your test anxiety. Foods to avoid are coffee, fried foods, and alcoholic beverages. Foods that that help with anxiety according to the CalmClinic include:
Whole Grain Foods
These steps aren’t a guarantee for eliminating all anxiety but following them can drastically lower the anxiety in any individual. This is a time that can be highly stressful for thousands of college students all over the country. By following the right steps, the test anxiety plague can be reduced in our society.