Ann Landers, a famous American advice columnist, said, “Nobody says you must laugh, but a sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected, and smile through the day.” I know a majority of you are facing upcoming final exams, projects, essays, and labs. It may be a little difficult right now to smile, thinking of the massive pile of homework waiting for you or the project that counts for 15% of your grade. Below, I have included ten short YouTube videos that are bound to make you smile or even laugh.
1. Cat Jump Fail with Music: Sail by AWOLNATION. I was shown this video by a friend of mine last year and it gets me every time. Most of you have probably seen it. On a side note, the cat wasn’t killed.
2. Pokementos. This was a commercial that Mentos did several years back and was, in fact, one of the first internet videos I saw. I was into the Pokemon Trading Card Game as a kid but it never got this intense.
3. Bush and Blair’s Endless Love. This video came out during President George W. Bush’s presidency. Clips were gathered from speeches that President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair had made through the year. With those clips, the author of this video was able to make it look like President Bush and Prime Minister Blair were singing the classic song “Endless Love” to each other.
4. Funny North Korean missile launch. I am sure all of us appreciate a comical video made about North Korea at this time considering our current relationship with them.
5. Funny Iraqi Interview Subtitles. This video came out back in early 2003 when the U.S. Army invaded Iraq to capture Saddam Hussein and stop chemical warfare in that region. I remember that when this video came out it helped ease the tension of the uncertainty of what was going to happen with the war in Iraq.
6. “I Want it that Way” lip sync. Two Chinese college students lip sync the Backstreet Boys classic “I Want it that Way.” What makes the video even better is that their roommate in the background is totally oblivious to the lip syncing and engrossed in a computer game.
7. Baby Beyonce’. I saw this video on America’s Funniest Home Videos on TV years ago. This is one of the reasons I love African American people so much–especially since I got to work with them as a volunteer missionary for two years in Georgia.
8. The Best Joke Ever! One of my good friends showed me this video. For those of you who know me, I live for puns and seek to use them in almost any opportunity that is presented to me. This video makes me look like an amateur.
9. Shark Attack. You may or may not have heard of Rémi Gaillard. If you haven’t, you are missing out. Gaillard has done over one hundred pranks all over France on random unsuspecting people. Most are appropriate while a couple are not. My cousin and I once spent a whole day watching all of his videos. This one was taken somewhere off the French coast when Gaillard decided to have some fun with some fishermen.
10. Japanese Pranks. A compilation of pranks that were done on Japanese civilians by a famous Japanese TV prank show.
I’ve shown you some of my favorite videos. What are some of yours? Feel free to post links to your favorite clips on this post. Also best of luck with finals! I know a few of you are feeling overwhelmed at this time. Don’t give up and know the end is in sight! You can do it!